Mark and the Z Street Band is one of Florida's most versatile, prestigious, and sought after musical groups. Reliable and experienced, the Z Street Band is the ultimate party band that keeps your dance floor packed. Available from 3 to 7 pieces.
The Z Street Band features band leader, trumpet player, and vocalist Mark and female vocalist Kathy along with the Z Street horns and percussion. Combining creativity with today’s technology and innovation sets the Z Street Band apart from other bands. This concept allows our musical groups to have a full and authentic sound true to the original artists. They carry multi million dollar liability insurance which most venues require.
Testimonials and Client Feedback
"To Mark & the Z Street Band, THANK YOU so much, you sounded great tonight! We’ve had great feedback from our executives too! Regards, Ray. " Ray, assistant cruise director of the Disney Dream cruise ship for the Disney Dream inaugural cruises, January 19th 2011. Click to read letter
"The music was amazing last night. Everyone had a great time and you made the night so special. Thank you and I look forward to working with you again in the future!" Laura, Asolo Repertory Theatre, April 3rd 2012.
"Dear Z Street Band, Just a quick note to let you know how much we appreciated the tremendous program the Z Street Band provided for all of our members here at Royal Poinciana Golf Club on February 19th 2011 at our exotic car show and street dance. The effort you put in our behalf to give such an outstanding performance and great music for our street dance resulted in what many have described as one of the best events RP ever had. It was a fantastic event and please let all of the member of the band know how much our members appreciated their efforts. On behalf of RP and chair of its social committee, I again want to thank you." . Chair of the social committee at Royal Poinciana, Adrian H. Director, February 19th 2011. Click to read letter
"You were spectacular and quite a hit with the attendees. I can't thank you enough for the performance that set the tone for the conference and for Montel Williams. I am so happy I found you on the internet! You were terrific!!!!!!" Ellen Ackerman, APC Conference Director, Oct.16th 2006 at the Marriott World Center
"Let me say from the bottom of my heart, thank you! We've had this event for the past seven years with other bands and everyone left right after the awards ceremony. This year, for the first time, they stayed and danced all night. Thank you for making me look good." Mary, Rosen Plaza Hotel May, 2008
"The program was outstanding and we wish you the very best and thank you for taking the time to talk to us prior to the concert. As the new chairman of the Founders Fund I am trying hard. You made my job easy. Thanks. Hope you come back next year. I am going to recommend that to the board. I'm playing your CD as I write this e-mail." Janet Leemon Hakala, Chairman of the Board for the Founders Fund
"G'day Mark, The party's over and the accolades are pouring in. From our perspective it was an outstanding event. Guests were literally overwhelmed with what they saw upon entering the room and what they experienced throughout the evening. A Harley Party with class! You and the Z Street Band provided an evening of music that will long be remembered. On behalf of the Fletcher family, I congratulate you, Kathy and the band for your outstanding performance at Fletcher's 40th anniversary party. Sincerely, Dick Pritchard, Director of events, promotion and marketing for Fletcher's Harley Davidson
"Dear Mark Zauss: I would like to take this opportunity to express the appreciation of our association for the band's wonderful performance at our annual dinner banquet on September 23rd, 2006. The range and quality of the music you played was superb and captured the audience from the first song to the last. Throughout the evening and at the farewell breakfast the next morning, many of the attendees raved to me about how much they enjoyed the evening's entertainment. Your group's performance can truly be said to have been the key to a very successful banquet. We would, without a doubt, highly recommend your group to anyone wanting a truly professional band for their function. On behalf of the executive board and membership of the USS Great Sitkin (AE-17) Association, a heart felt thank you for helping to make this year's annual banquet a most memorable one. Congratulations for a job well done and deserving of recognition." Ron Zimmerman, President of the USS Great Sitkin (AE-17) Association, September 23rd, 2006
"Hi Mark, You guys totally rocked! All morning I've been hearing how great everyone thought you were. We usually have a DJ but as those things go they don't usually appeal to everyone, but last night you had everyone up and enjoying themselves. I will definitely keep you in mind for not only our next event but any that I hear of that are interested in a band." Lisa T. Executive assistant to the President of TBI Orlando, December 9th 2008.
"The play ons for our awards ceremony added class and sophistication. See you again next year." ICPVY International, Walt Disney World, Feb 2008
"Happy New Year! On behalf of Focus, the Fellowship of Catholic University, I wish to extend a great thank you to you for ending this year with a bang! It was a pleasure to have you". Christine W., Chair of Speakers and Entertainment, Focus Catholic Charities, Jan 1st 2010.
"Dear Mark, On behalf of the Samaritan Center, thank you for entertaining us at our annual dinner. Everyone loved your music and you were all so pleasant. Look forward to seeing you again." Program Director of the Samaritan Center at Holy Cross Parish Hall, Candace MacMillan, March 7th 2008
"Mark, I want to thank you and your Band Members for a fantastic performance at our Steppin' Out Dance yesterday at Eastminster Church. I have had so much positive feedback from people at the dance who loved the sound of your music. As I'm sure you noticed they had so much fun dancing to live music which was a great treat for everybody. For me it has been a pleasure working with you, and you may rest assured that I wouldn't want any other Band than yours at our future dances. Best Regards to you and you Band." Hanne-Mi, Eastminster Church, Indianatlantic, FL May 15 2009
"You were incredible! Everyone enjoyed themselves immensely. Thank you for your talent and professionalism. Keep up the good work!" Chris Goodpaster, Adam’s Mark Jacksonville
Dear Mark and Kathy: Just a note to thank you for making our party the highlight of the year at Black Diamond. We have had numerous comments about the party, what a good job the Club did, and especially what great music. Jack and Dorothy, Lecanto, FL , June 9th, 2007
"The terrific, high energy "Z Street Band" entertained every age, they play every style of music, and they play it well." Gloria Yousha, Heritage Florida Jewish News. July 11th, 2003
"Dear Z Street Band, Thank you for such a wonderful evening during our recent tour in Orlando. You guys were fabulous!" Mandy with Property Buying Tours, Orlando Airport Renaissance, March 26th, 2006
"Good Morning Mark, I am extremely thankful for your performance at all three communities.You and your band were great!, and I am definitely looking forward in doing business with you in the near future. Thank you again , and may you and your family have a blessed and safe holiday season." Maria G. Activity Director, October 13th, 20th, 27th 2011.
"Mark, Thanks to you and your guys for a great performance at the Pepsi 400! It was great having you" Betsy with the Daytona International Speedway, July 1st, 2006
"Mark, Thank you for being so flexible as we worked around the rain last night. Everyone enjoyed your music; the Z-Street Band was definitely what kept the party going! " Julie with Florida Hospital, July 4th, 2007
“...The group gave a performance worthy of the Cotton Club...” Darryl E. Owens, Orlando Sentinel Staff Writer
"Finally a jazz group that plays not only jazz standards, but smooth jazz too." Patricia Marian, Rosen Shingle Creek, October 2007
"Mark, Thank you so much for playing at our event. Your band is outstanding and I personally enjoyed it very much." Karen, Florida Hospital Association, Benefit for Breast Cancer and Ovarian Cancer awareness, Orlando Museum of Art, Sept. 29th 2011.
Top 10 Reasons to book
the Z Street Band
1) Communication: Mark works with the agent throughout the planning stages of your event until the last note is played.
2) Insured: Most venues such as Walt Disney World, Ritz Carlton, Universal Studios, and JW Marriott require the band to have liability insurance. The Z Street Band carries multi million dollar liability insurance for any location in the U.S. Liability insurance is a must, and many bands do not carry insurance.
3) Reliable: Mark is the bandleader, trumpet player and male vocalist. Mark is present at every event, and never sends a substitute in his place. Many bandleaders send two bands out on the same night with a substitute bandleader that may not know the details of your event.
4) Musical Excellence: The Z Street Band is comprised of professional musicians that are educated in music with music degrees. Mark has released two CD's that get airplay worldwide and is endorsed by the Conn Selmer Musical Instrument Corporation. His wife, vocalist Kathy Zauss, is professionally trained and experienced vocalist.
5) Experience: With over 1500 events played, Mark knows how to "read the crowd". Whether playing a small intimate cocktail reception or large corporate event, Mark plays the appropriate music for each event, and welcomes client input as well.
6) Sophisticated and Diverse: Mark Zauss and the Z Street Band play music from swing to Contemporary Chart Topping hits of 2008. With male and female vocals and horn section, the Z Street band is energetic, fun, and always keeps the dance floor full!
7) Mark Listens: Mark listens to your needs, wants, and expectations. He will help you to create the special event that you envision. Mark is a Nationally Certified Counselor and has a Masters degree in mental health counseling as well as a Bachelors degree in music, which gives him the formal training to understand your concerns and expectations.
8) Superior Sound Quality: State of the art modern technology allows the 2-5 piece bands to sound like a 10 piece orchestra. Mark spent over 45 hours in the recording studio with live rhythm section players (piano, bass, drums and guitar ) recording the entire Z Street Repertoire. This innovative concept integrates the live vocals, horn section and percussion with prerecorded piano, bass, drums and guitar. This makes the smaller bands sound fuller. This state of the art recorded rhythm section is light years away from the outdated, thin, sequenced midi tracks that are many bands use today.
9) Volume: Volume is never an issue. The Z Street Band has the unique ability to play at virtually any volume. Don't let your event be ruined by a band that plays so loud that people leave early or can't talk amongst themselves. Our rhythm section (piano, bass, drums, guitar) is pre recorded for that very reason. They can easily be turned down.
10) Cost effective: The Z Street 2- 5 piece bands cost a third less than most other 6 to 10 piece bands without forfeiting sound quality. In addition, The Z Street Band requires less stage space and electricity, which can save your company money. (Additional power drops and stage riser size can be costly) The equipment is state of the art, and includes full sound system, with LED stage lighting, and cordless microphone for announcements.