The Stratosphere Jazz combo is wildly regarded as one of Florida’s finest musical groups. Immersed in the history of their craft and in total command of their instruments, they are the synthesis of talent, passion, and experience.
The Stratosphere Jazz group is a 2 to 5 piece ensemble lead by trumpet player, recording artist and band leader Mark Zauss. Together they perform a diverse mix of jazz standards, smooth jazz, swing, adult contemporary, blues and more. They carry multi million dollar liability insurance which most venues require.
Mark’s hard earned reputation has yielded him an extensive previous client list. Click here for previous client list. Mark’s bands are preferred vendors for Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, Disney Cruise Lines, the Bohemian Hotel at Celebration, The Wyndham Resorts, The Orlando Museum of Art, the Polasek Museum, and many more. Mark and his bands have opened for Sting, Taylor Swift, Montel Williams, and Emeril Lagasse Live.
Whether performing in a small intimate setting or a large corporate event, Stratosphere is cost effective and always performs at an appropriate volume that is comfortable for all. They breathe new life into jazz standards and also perform hip, smooth, contemporary jazz that appeals to everyone. State of the art modern technology allows the 2 to 5 piece ensemble to sound like a 5 to 9 piece band.
Click here for SONG LIST & AUDIO SAMPLES
Click here for TESTIMONIALS
Services include: State of the art sound system, Eclipse LED/Laser star special effects for band backdrop, LED stage lighting, million dollar liability insurance, and cordless microphone for announcements.
Mark has performed with: Arturo Sandoval, Branford Marsalis, Marcus Roberts, Pat Metheny, Louis Bellson, James Moody, Maureen McGovern, and Harry Connick Sr. and has released two CDs, "No Limits", and "Beyond the Stratosphere" which are played internationally in radio stations throughout the world.
Trumpet virtuoso Mark Zauss is endorsed by the Conn-Selmer musical instrument corporation along with grammy award winner Arturo Sandoval.
Mark holds a Bachelors degree in Music and Psychology and a Masters degree in Mental Health Counseling Psychotherapy from Rollins College.
Testimonials & Client Feedback:
"You were spectacular and quite a hit with the attendees. I can't thank you enough for the performance that set the tone for the conference and for Montel Williams. I am so happy I found you on the internet! You were terrific!!!!!!" Ellen Ackerman, APC Conference Director, Oct.16th 2006 at the Marriott World Center.
“...The group gave a performance worthy of the Cotton Club...” Darryl E. Owens, Orlando Sentinel Staff Writer.
"The program was outstanding and we wish you the very best and thank you for taking the time to talk to us prior to the concert. As the new chairman of the Founders Fund I am trying hard. You made my job easy. Thanks. Hope you come back next year. I am going to recommend that to the board. I'm playing your CD as I write this e-mail." Janet Leemon Hakala, Chairman of the Board for the Founders Fund
"Thank you so much! The Jazz Group was incredible!!!! They did an awesome job and they especially made my night go so smooth. They were on time, more than willing to help making announcements and the talent was "WOW". Can’t wait to utilize your services again!!!! Thank you!!!" Hilda F. Kennedy Space Center
"Dear Mark, On behalf of the Samaritan Center, thank you for entertaining us at our annual dinner. Everyone loved your music and you were all so pleasant. Look forward to seeing you again." Program Director of the Samaritan Center at Holy Cross Parish Hall, Candace MacMillan, March 7th 2008
"Finally a jazz group that plays not only jazz standards, but smooth jazz too." Patricia Marian, Rosen Shingle Creek, October 2007
"You were incredible! Everyone enjoyed themselves immensely. Thank you for your talent and professionalism. Keep up the good work!" Chris Goodpaster Adam’s Mark Jacksonville
"The play ons for our award's ceremony added class and sophistication. See you again next year. ICPVY International, Walt Disney World, Feb 2008
"G'day Mark, The party's over and the accolades are pouring in. From our perspective it was an outstanding event. Guests were literally overwhelmed with what they saw upon entering the room and what they experienced throughout the evening. A Harley Party with class! You and the Z Street Band provided an evening of music that will long be remembered. On behalf of the Fletcher family, I congratulate you, Kathy and the band for your outstanding performance at Fletcher's 40th anniversary party. Sincerely, Dick Pritchard, Director of events, promotion and marketing for Fletcher's Harley Davidson
Top 10 Reasons to book
the Stratosphere Jazz Band
1) Communication: Mark is works with the agent throughout the planning stages of your event until the last note is played.
2) Insured: Most venues such as Walt Disney World, Ritz Carlton, Universal Studios, and JW Marriott require the band to have liability insurance. The Z Street Band carries multi million dollar liability insurance for any location in the U.S. Liability insurance is a must, and many bands do not carry insurance.
3) Reliable: Mark is the bandleader, trumpet player and male vocalist. Mark is present at every event, and never sends a substitute in his place. Many bandleaders send two bands out on the same night with a substitute bandleader that may not know the details of your event.
4) Musical Excellence: The Stratosphere Jazz Band is comprised of professional musicians that are educated in music with music degrees. Mark has released two CD's that get airplay worldwide and is endorsed by the Conn Selmer Musical Instrument Corporation. His wife, vocalist Kathy Zauss, is professionally trained and experienced vocalist.
5) Experience: With over 1500 events played, Mark knows how to "read the crowd". Whether playing a small intimate cocktail reception or large corporate event, Mark plays the appropriate music for each event, and welcomes client input as well.
6) Sophisticated and Diverse: Mark Zauss and the Stratosphere Jazz Band specialize in performing upbeat and unobtrusive background music for your corporate event, pool party, welcome reception, or awards show (play ons and play offs). They perform an eclectic mixture of classic jazz, smooth jazz, Latin jazz, world music, and soulful renditions of jazz standards from yesterday and today.
7) Mark Listens: Mark listens to your needs, wants, and expectations. He will help you to create the special event that you envision. Mark is a Nationally Certified Counselor and has a Masters degree in mental health counseling as well as a Bachelors degree in music, which gives him the formal training to understand your concerns and expectations.
8) Superior Sound Quality: State of the art modern technology allows the 2-5 piece bands to sound like a 10 piece orchestra. Mark spent over 45 hours in the recording studio with live rhythm section players (piano, bass, drums and guitar) recording the entire Stratosphere Jazz Band Repertoire. This innovative concept integrates the live vocals, horn section and percussion with prerecorded piano, bass, drums and guitar. This makes the smaller bands sound fuller. This state of the art recorded rhythm section is light years away from the outdated, thin, sequenced midi tracks that are many bands use today.
9) Volume: Volume is never an issue. The Stratosphere Jazz Band has the unique ability to play at virtually any volume. Don't let your event be ruined by a band that plays so loud that people are unable to network and leave the event early. Our rhythm section (piano, bass, drums, guitar) is pre recorded for that very reason. They can easily be turned down.
10) Cost effective: The Stratosphere Jazz Band 2- 5 piece bands cost a third less than most other 6 to 10 piece bands without forfeiting sound quality. In addition, The Stratosphere Jazz Band requires less stage space and electricity, which can save your company money. (Additional power drops and stage riser size can be costly) The equipment is state of the art, and includes full sound system, with LED stage lighting, and cordless microphone for announcements.