The Basin Street Dixieland Band is lead by trumpet player and band leader Mark Zauss. Together, they perform an eclectic mix of Dixieland and traditional American music. For large or small events, this 2 to 5 piece energetic group is an excellent choice for your corporate event, Mardi Gras theme party, patriotic event, sports theme event, or trade show. They have multi-million dollar liability insurance which most venues require.
The Basin Street Band are proud to be preferred vendors for Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, The Bohemian Hotel at Celebration, The Wyndham Resorts, The Orlando Museum of Art, The Polasek Museum and has performed for the Super Bowl along with countless fortune 500 companies. For a complete list of previous clients Click Here. Whether playing background music, or parading guests from one location to another, the Basin Street Dixieland Band delivers every time.
The Basin Street Dixieland Band is available as a strolling or stationary band. The stationary band comes complete with sound system and LED stage lighting. This versatile band can also transition into dance and party music if requested. Female vocalist can be added to the group upon request.
For complete song list & audio samples Click Here
Strolling: The Basin Street strolling band is available as a mobile, acoustic group and requires no electricity. The strolling band performs for parades, opening sessions, general sessions, atmosphere entertainment, trade shows, and house parties.
Stationary: The Basin Street Dixieland Band lights up the stage with a sound that is uniquely theirs, setting them apart from the typical band that tends to sound the same song after song. They use no outdated sequences, synthesizers, or midi files. They are accompanied by a live recording of piano, bass, drums and guitar.
Mark is endorsed as a trumpet artist for the Conn-Selmer musical instrument corporation along with Grammy award winner Arturo Sandoval. Mark has released two CDs which are getting airplay world wide. He holds a Bachelors degree in Music and Psychology as well as a Masters degree in Mental Health Counseling Psychotherapy from Rollins College. Mark is also Nationally Certified Mental Health Counselor and licensed psychotherapist.
Services include: State of the art sound system, LED stage lighting, million dollar liability insurance, cordless microphone for announcements, and DJ music between sets.
For more information about our theme parties Click Here
For a complete list of previous clients Click Here
Top 10 Reasons to book
the Basin Street Dixieland Jazz Band.
1) Communication: Mark is your single point of contact throughout the planning stages of your event until the last note is played.
2) Insured: Most venues such as Walt Disney World, Ritz Carlton, Universal Studios, and JW Marriott require the band to have liability insurance. The Basin Street Dixieland carries multi million dollar liability insurance for any location in the U.S.. Liability insurance is a must, and many bands do not carry insurance.
3) Reliable: Mark is the bandleader, trumpet player and male vocalist. Mark is present at every event, and never sends a substitute in his place. Many bandleaders send two bands out on the same night with a substitute bandleader that may not know the details of your event.
4) Musical Excellence: Mark has released two CD's that get airplay worldwide and is endorsed by the Conn Selmer Musical Instrument Corporation. His wife, vocalist Kathy Zauss, is professionally trained and experienced vocalist.
5) Experience: With over 1500 events played, Mark knows how to "read the crowd". Whether playing a small intimate reception or large corporate event, Mark plays the appropriate music for each event, and welcomes client input as well.
6) Sophisticated and Fun: The Basin Street Dixieland Band performs is energetic and always creates a festive atmosphere!
7) Mark Listens: Mark listens to your needs, wants, and expectations. He will help you to create the special event that you envision. Mark is a Nationally Certified Counselor and has a Masters degree in mental health counseling as well as a Bachelors degree in music, which gives him the formal training to understand your concerns and expectations.
8) Superior Sound Quality: State of the art modern technology allows the 2-5 piece bands to sound like a 10 piece orchestra. Mark & Kathy spent over 45 hours in the recording studio with live rhythm section players (piano, bass, drums and guitar ) recording the entire Basin Street Repertoire. This innovative concept integrates the live vocals, horn section and percussion with prerecorded piano, bass, drums and guitar. This makes the smaller bands sound fuller. This state of the art recorded rhythm section is light years away from the outdated, thin, sequenced midi tracks that are many bands use today.
9) Volume: Volume is never an issue. The Basin Street Dixieland Band has the unique ability to play at virtually any volume. Don't let your event be ruined by a band that plays so loud that people leave early or can't talk amongst themselves. Our rhythm section (piano, bass, drums, guitar) is pre recorded for that very reason. They can easily be turned down.
10) Cost effective: The Basin Street Band cost significantly less than other 6 to 7 piece bands without forfeiting sound quality. In addition, The Basin Street Dixieland Band requires less stage space and electricity, which can save your company money. (Additional power drops and stage riser size can be costly) The equipment is state of the art, and includes full sound system, with LED stage lighting, and cordless microphone for announcements.